Thursday, March 18, 2010

Patience

I have to say patience is something that I have. So, when Jake said he was going to be a farmer when he grows up and he is not going to college. I just keep my mouth shut and figured I would wait it out. He will eventually change his mind (so I hoped). When he decided he wanted to grow his hair out long. I said ok, but you will have to take care of it everyday. Again knowing he would eventually get tired of it.
So, 2 weeks ago Jake says to me while I am cutting Matt's hair, "I'll take a hair cut too". Yipee! I actually thought he would last longer, but I was thrilled and happily buzzed his hair off. Then the greatest thing happened this week. He was watching a documentary on scientist possibly being able to attach dinosaur DNA to an emu or chicken embryo and make an "emuasouras". When it was over he announced "I have changed my mind, I am not going to be a farmer. I am going to be a scientist, so I can make a dinosaur". Yes, yes, yes. Nobody tell him it is unrealistic that he will ever make a dinosaur, until he is done with college please!

No comments: