Saturday, September 12, 2009

Foot Issues

These are the kinds of stories about Jake that I created this blog for. I hope he has a lot of fun reading his very own blog some day. I am hoping he can read this one someday and laugh and not still have an "issue".
Well, as many of the people close to Jake know, Jake has "foot issues". Meaning he really is bordering on a foot phobia. He doesn't like feet and he doesn't even really like people to see his feet. If he doesn't think about it then he will wear flip flops or go barefoot, but if he thinks about it at all then it is socks and shoes. Matt and I can't understand it because we walk around barefoot most of the time and don't have any foot issues. We used to tease him about it, but know we try not to make a big deal out of it, hoping he will grow out of it.
We were in the pool the other day and I was floating on a raft and he kept trying to push me over and I wasn't being successful at keeping him away with my arm so I used my leg. Which meant my bare foot came very close to touching him. He screamed and swam away. As long as I put my foot out he wouldn't come near me. I finally said,"this is ridiculous Jake, you need to get over your foot issue." He said without hesitation "maybe I need to see a therapist". I just sat there stunned trying to figure out where on earth he had heard about a therapist or was he able to read my mind. I finally asked how he knew what at therapist was. He said "Squidward told SpongeBob he needed to see a therapist about his love issues, so maybe I should see a therapist about my foot issues". I just started laughing, SpongeBob has taught Jake a lot of interesting things over the years. Now can SpongeBob just have an episode that gets him over his foot phobia, gets him to eat his vegetables, and gets him to do his reading without whining.

No comments: